Reporting to CEO and President, the General Manager will lead the building, constructing, and commissioning of a 4 million tonnes per annum CIL mill, TSF, open pit gold mine and related infrastructures in Tanzania in accordance to the Company’s strategy and budget.
- To develop and execute the strategic plan for mine construction and commissioning, including site layout, detailed engineering design, budgeting, scheduling, procurement, and resource planning.
- To build a capable team that fits the needs of the development and construction of a mining project in Tanzania in accordance with Tanzania regulations and law.
- To engage and manage EPCM and other contractors.
- To continuously assess and improve safety, design, budget, schedule, procurement, contractor performance administration, government and community engagement, and environmental compliance to ensure the project is completed within budgeted schedule and costs.
- To establish and improve internal operating protocols and standards.
- To work with government and community as partners to ensure successful construction and operation of the mine.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- Registration, or eligibility for registration as a professional engineer under a recognised governing body.
- Recent team leader experience in building and commissioning a mine from zero to one on-time and on budget, ideally in Tanzania or Africa.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mining regulations, safety standards, and environmental compliance in Tanzania.
- A willingness to travel and live on-site for extended periods of time.
- English/Swahili is a plus.