Silvercorp is looking for an Investor Relations Manager to support the company in presenting its business, strategy, and operations to external shareholders. The position will be based in the Vancouver head office.
About Silvercorp Metals Inc.
Silvercorp, dual listed on TSX and NYSE under symbol “SVM”, is a profitable Canadian mining company producing silver, lead, and zinc metals from multiple mines in China. The Company’s business strategy is to 1) focus on generating free cash flow from long life mines, 2) deliver organic growth through extensive drilling and consolidation, 3) add shareholder value through equity investments in potential world class opportunities, 4) create value through ongoing merge and acquisition efforts by seeking attractive mineral projects in new jurisdictions, and 5) committed to long-term responsible mining and ESG.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Investor Relations Manager will manage relationships with the team and senior executives to implement investor relations and communication strategies, build awareness among institutional and retail shareholders, and enhance the investor base.
- Participate in the development and implementation of an effective investor relations program
- Assist with investor relations and related communications strategies, initiatives, and special projects
- Support senior management in the development of broad-level communications including financial reports and strategic plans to existing and potential investors, shareholders, brokers, analysts, media, and other stakeholders
- Conduct peer analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation
- Prepare and update press release process including composition, conference call script, website information, factsheets, corporate presentation, and other investor relations materials
- Collect and summarize relevant information from the various operations to be included in corporate materials
- Assist in creating lists of potential investors to be targeted through one or more outreach strategies
- Work with external investor relations consultants to achieve communication objectives on time and within budget
- Plan, organize, and participate in senior management road shows and other investor events, including assisting with travel arrangements
- Plan and coordinate regular conference calls with financial analysts and investors
- Communicate stock market and investor/analyst perceptions regarding the company, its strategy, and its financial results to senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned including similar duties as above for affiliated companies and subsidiaries
- Undergraduate education in Business, Commerce, or equivalent (MBA will be a strong asset)
- Minimum 5 years of similar capacity, developing and maintaining positive long-term relationships with analysts and investors
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the mining industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to craft concise and engaging messages targeting a wide variety of audiences
- Deadline and result driven
- Ability to work with different culture across different time zones
- Highly adaptable to ever changing and high demand work environment
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Mandarin and/or Spanish language ability is considered a strong an asset
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package (base salary, cash bonus, share-based rewards) and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.