Silvercorp, dual listed on TSX and NYSE under symbol “SVM”, is a profitable Canadian mining company producing silver, lead, and zinc metals from multiple mines in China. The Company’s business strategy is to 1) focus on generating free cash flow from long life mines, 2) deliver organic growth through extensive drilling and consolidation, 3) add shareholder value through equity investments in potential world class opportunities, 4) create value through ongoing merge and acquisition efforts by seeking attractive mineral projects in new jurisdictions, and 5) committed to long-term responsible mining and ESG.
We are seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager to assume responsibility of full cycle accounting, cost control, information management, and business support for TSX and NYSE listed public companies. The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of handling corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasting, and internal control duties as well as assisting executive team in achieving corporate goals. This full-time position is based in Vancouver.
- Manage and ensure accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting process. Prepare reporting packages and documents for executive team and Board including but not limited to consolidated financial statements, budget, MDAs, and other annual reports.
- Design, implement, and monitor effective internal control procedures to ensure compliance for TSX and NYSE listed public companies, i.e. SOX compliance.
- Maintain timely and accurate financial information in the Company’s accounting system and database.
- Prepare or review journal entries and various working papers.
- Review monthly financial information prepared by the Company’s oversea subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly management reports, expenditure, and cost analysis.
- Work with external auditors to ensure quarterly reviews and annual audits are properly completed on time.
- Design, implement, and monitor effective internal control procedures
- Provides training and guidance for junior staff members and reviews their work as required.
- Coordinate with other departments and assist in completing cross-department tasks.
- Takes the lead on ad-hoc accounting projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- CPA designation.
- Minimum three years of full cycle public company financial accounting experience or equivalent public accounting firm experience.
- Familiar with IFRS and SOX.
- Experience with standard accounting software. Sage 300 and ERP experience an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills an asset.
- Good communication skills, especially in proper business report writing.
- Self-motivated and deadline oriented.
- Proficient in Spanish.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Prior experience in mining industry is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency in MS Office is preferred.
- Experience in leadership roles an asset.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package (base salary, cash bonus, stock-based rewards) and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. Base salary starts from $100,000/year depending on individual qualifications. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.