Silvercorp Metals Inc. (“Silvercorp”) is a profitable Canadian mining company producing silver, lead, and zinc metals in concentrates from multiple mines in China. In addition to operational success, Silvercorp has also built a solid reputation for upholding high safety and environmental standards and for supporting local community initiatives. The Company’s vision is to deliver shareholder value by focusing on the acquisition of under developed projects with resource potential and the ability to grow organically. The Company is listed on the TSX and NYSE American. For more information, please visit our website at www.silvercorp.ca.
We are looking for a Vice President, Exploration to join our growing team. Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Exploration will work closely with the senior management team to develop and execute the Company’s strategic exploration plan. The VP of Exploration will set exploration targets, plans and budgets, define performance goals and standards, and manage the whole exploration function to achieve operational goals and advance the Company’s projects.
This position will be based in the Vancouver head office but require 70-80% of travel time to the Company’s overseas projects and operations.
- Implement and oversee all facets of the Company’s exploration programs at existing mining operations, projects and potential new assets
- Participate in strategic planning to define exploration priorities and strategies
- Manage and supervise teams across the Company’s projects and offices
- Work with the Operations and Technical Services groups in the areas of production guidance and grade control
- Prepare exploration budgets, implement and execute activities while achieving goals on time and within established budget
- Oversee and organize QA/QC protocols, data management, and the preparation of geological models to ensure the Company’s exploration plans deliver relevant information to NI 43-101 standards
- Report to senior management on the progress of all projects
- Contribute either as a principal or as an internal consultant to technical due diligence initiatives
- Assist in keeping Technical Reports current and prepare new Technical Reports
- Participate in the selection of exploration contractors and consultants
- Ensure safety and compliance with all legal and governmental obligations and legislations
- Act as the Qualified Person for the Company’s Technical Reports, news releases, presentations and other related public documents or disclosures as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-graduate education in Geology, or similar field
- Minimum 15 years of experience in mineral exploration and at least 10 years managing exploration projects with at least 5 years in a leadership position.Hold Professional Geologist license and Registered with EGBC or equivalent regulatory body
- Proven track record of leading successful exploration programs and managing large teams
- Qualified Person with extensive experience working with NI 43-101 Resource Technical Reports
- Strong technical skills with good business acumen
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy, detail, and deadline and result driven
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with previous mentoring experience
- Strong relationship building ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with various stakeholders including contractors, governments, local communities and direct reports
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the different fields and sites with strong commitment to safety principles
- Ability to work with different cultures across different time zones
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook and related software packages, i.e. Surpac/Micromine etc.
- Fluent in Mandarin and experience working in China
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- International perspective
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
- Availability via mobile device outside of office hours
- This position will be based in the Vancouver head office but require 70-80% of travel time to the Company’s overseas projects and operations
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please click on submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.