Silvercorp Metals Inc. (“Silvercorp”) is a profitable Canadian mining company producing silver, lead, and zinc metals in concentrates from multiple mines in China. In addition to operational success, Silvercorp has also built a solid reputation for upholding high safety and environmental standards and for supporting local community initiatives. The Company’s vision is to deliver shareholder value by focusing on the acquisition of under developed projects with resource potential and the ability to grow organically. The Company is listed on the TSX and NYSE American. For more information, please visit our website at www.silvercorp.ca.
We are looking for a Senior Mining Engineer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Mine Manager, this position will be involved in all aspects of the technical team including but not limited to mine design, planning, solving technical problems, preparing technical reports, research, and data collection.
This position will be based in the Vancouver head office but require 70-80% of travel time or scheduled rotation shifts to the Company’s overseas projects and operations.
- Participate in underground mine design, planning, and budgeting including underground layout designs for stoping, access, and infrastructure
- Solve diverse technical problems related to underground development while adhering to the highest design standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and transparency
- Optimize resource extraction using selective mining methods (resuing and shrinkage stoping)
- Participate in the operational budgeting process and conduct variance analysis if needed
- Assist with new projects evaluation including economic analysis
- Complete studies and evaluations for future underground operations
- Review safety and environmental protection and remediation plans, contribute to the drafts and edits of the company ESG report
- Supervise, mentor and train junior members of the team
- Assist in preparation of technical reports
- Review and provide feedback on current site practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate education in Mining Engineering or similar field
- Minimum ten years of experience in mine design for precious metals and operations management
- Certified Professional Engineer designation and Registered with EGBC or another recognized regulatory body
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy, detail, and deadline and result driven
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with previous mentoring experience
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the field with strong commitment to safety principles
- Ability to work with different cultures across different time zones
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook and resource modeling related software packages, i.e. Micromine/Surpac/Datamine, ArcGIS/MapInfo and AutoCAD, etc.
- Fluent in Mandarin and experience working in China
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Highly adaptable to ever changing and high demand work environment
- Spanish language ability considered a strong asset
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
- Availability via mobile device outside of office hours
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please click on submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.