Silvercorp Metals Inc. (“Silvercorp” or the “Company”) is a Canadian mining company producing silver, lead, and zinc metals in concentrates from multiple mines in China. In addition to operational success, Silvercorp has also built a solid reputation for upholding high safety and environmental standards and for supporting local community initiatives. Silvercorp’s shares are listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the NYSE American, both under the symbol “SVM”. For more information, please visit our website at www.silvercorp.ca.
We are seeking a Project Geolgist to join the growing corporate team. Reporting to the Corporate Development Manager, the Project Geologist reviews project opportunities for potential acquisition, creates reports from data analysis and site visits, and provides business cases and recommendations to the Senior Management Team. The ideal candidate will be someone who is hardworking and able to work under pressure, and highly adaptable in a fast-paced international corporate setting.
- Reviews data and conducts resource modelling of new projects being evaluated
- Contributes to the identification, evaluation and execution of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and equity investments
- Conducts field studies and onsite due diligence at project sites
- Compiles, manages, maintains, and improves databases
- Manages ad-hoc projects and conducts analysis as assigned
- Performs other duties as required
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Geology or similar field
- Minimum five years of experience in exploration, resource estimation and/or operations
- Strong capabilities with mining software packages such as Micromine/Surpac/Datamine or related software, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Certified Professional Geologist designation and registered with EGBC (or eligible for registration)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the field
- Ability to work with different cultures across different time zones
Nice to Have:
- Additional language fluency
- Experience in financial analysis of mining operations and exploration properties
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
- Availability via mobile device outside of office hours
- Occasional overtime required for tight deadlines and other business needs
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please click on submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.