Vice President Exploration - Vancouver/China
Silvercorp Metals Inc. is a dynamic, fast paced, and entrepreneurial, Vancouver based, mid tier mining Company with producing assets in China. It is looking to attract an energetic and business minded Vice President Exploration to be based either entirely in China or 50% in China and Vancouver. You will lead and supervise the Company’s exploration geoscientists in conducting the required work programs the Company’s active mines and exploration properties.
- Construct, initiate and supervise exploration programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with the Operations and Technical Services groups in the areas of production guidance and grade control.
- Participate with the strategic planning to define the exploration priorities and strategy.
- Oversee all of the Company’s exploration projects.
- Report to Executive Management the progress of all projects
- Contribute either as a principal or as an internal consultant to technical due diligence initiatives.
- Assist in keeping Technical Reports current and prepare new Technical Reports.
- Participate in the selection of exploration contractors and consultants
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelor degree in Geology or Geoscience: post-graduate studies an asset.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in mineral exploration and at least 10 years managing exploration projects with at least 5 years in a leadership position.
- Proven experience on precious metals exploration
- Ability to communication fluently in Chinese; English proficiency is required.
- Ability to sign-off as a QP in Geology
- Experience in geological mapping and geographic information systems (GIS
- Strong presentation skills to all level of employees.
- Team player with leadership and relationship building skills.
- Ability to apply business, financial and technical strategic thinking concepts.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, including mention of salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted.