Silvercorp Metals Inc. (“Silvercorp”) is a profitable Canadian mining company producing silver, lead, and zinc metals in concentrates from multiple mines in China. In addition to operational success, Silvercorp has also built a solid reputation for upholding high safety and environmental standards and for supporting local community initiatives. The Company’s vision is to deliver shareholder value by focusing on the acquisition of under developed projects with resource potential and the ability to grow organically. The Company is listed on the TSX and NYSE American. For more information, please visit our website at www.silvercorp.ca.
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to be based out of our office in Vancouver, BC. Reporting directly into and working closely with the General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will be responsible for delivering high quality legal advice and the preparation and review of legal documents and contracts. Effective communication, self-motivation and the ability to work within an entrepreneurial team environmental are essential attributes required.
- Provide timely, proactive and solution-oriented legal advice on a wide range of corporate, commercial, securities and other matters to all business units, the executive team, and the board
- Negotiate, draft, review and provide legal advice in relation to a wide range of our and our affiliates’ agreements
- Assist with the preparation and review of public disclosure materials including financial statements, MD&A, annual information forms, and news releases as required
- Keep abreast of changes in applicable securities laws and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory matters and in particular securities law compliance
- Manage transactions including M&A and financings (i.e., negotiating and drafting legal documents and contracts, attending to due diligence)
- Work closely with the corporate development team on potential transactions, conduct legal research and to provide recommendations and contribute to risk analysis
- Prepare and support board and committee meetings
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of corporate documents, filings and registrations and the corporate records books
- Manage the corporate governance policies and procedures
- Coordinate and liaise with external counsel
- Other duties as assigned
- Law degree from a recognized law school
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia
- 3-5 years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a reputable company
- Extensive knowledge of securities laws and transactional laws
- Ability to work on a broad range of legal topics and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and analytical skills
- Experience with public companies, dual listing experience will be an asset
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- International perspective
- Familiarity with the mining industry
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
- Occasional travel is required
- Availability via mobile device outside of office hours
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please click on submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.